Picking the best father daughter dance songs can be challenging as it is a very sentimental and special moment shared between father and daughter as he passes on his little girl to the new caretaker and protector in her life. It is a common dance at wedding receptions and traditionally the father daughter dance songs are very heart felt, warm and slow. However there can be times when the father daughter dance song might be upbeat fun and the father and daughter collectively shock their wedding guests! It’s up to you to determine what best suits the relationship the father and daughter have together.
It can be difficult to know what song to pick for such a special moment so here’s a list of our top ten most frequently requested father-daughter dance songs – but remember! You want to chose a song that best describes YOUR relationship even if it’s goofy and silly or if it’s more serious and subtle, make it about you two. It’s best to coordinate this with your wedding entertainment so the performance is flawless!
1. Heartland – I Loved Her First
2. Ray Allaire – A Song For My Daughter
3. Paul Simon – Father And Daughter
4. Grover Washington – Just the Two of Us
5. Bob Carlisle – Father’s Love
6. The Temptations – My Girl
7. Stevie Wonder – Isn’t She Lovely
8. Nancy Sinatra – It’s for my Dad
9. Beyonce – Daddy
10. Michael Bublé – Daddy’s Little Girl
SGM Events can help you determine some more father daughter dance songs and ideas. Contact us to setup a complimentary consultation with one of our wedding DJs here in our office.