Good DJs know what songs to get the party started but sometimes a bad DJ can create the opposite effect. Whether you’ve seen this happen at a wedding or a corporate event we all have witnessed or been a part of that awkward moment when the music is playing, but no one is on the dance floor. Hosting an event or wedding is stressful and one of the most important parts of the day is making sure your guests have a great and memorable time.
You might be seeking a corporate event entertainer, or possibly you need to hire a musician for weddings. Make sure you connect with the booking agent or musician directly and discuss the direction of the music. Perhaps you want it to get crazy on the dance floor? If so, make sure your music requests reflect that. It’s important to remember some genres although you may like, might not be so appealing to guests. Work with your musical entertainment to come to an agreement on music direction beforehand so there are no surprises. Another great tip is to decide if you want “radio” or “clean” versions only depending on the age group of guests.
For weddings, SGM Events offers a music worksheet that you can ask our agents for so you can start thinking of your music today! For corporate events, we recommend asking your fellow co-workers some selections or providing genres so we can include the information on the entertainer’s itinerary.
At the end of the day, whether you have a mobile DJ or a live cover band, these are some of the top 15 most recognizable party songs your musical entertainment can play to get the party started! This list focuses on songs that span across many age demographics. There are many variations we can play off of this post. What other posts related to music would you all like to see? Please leave us a note in the comments section.
- Gonna Make You Sweat – C+C Music Factory
- Wake Me Up Before You Go Go – Wham!
- Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana
- Dancing in the Dark – Bruce Springsteen
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
- I’m Coming Out – Diana Ross
- Intergalactic – Beastie Boys
- Rapper’s Delight – The Sugarhill Gang
- This Is How We Do It – Montell Jordan
- Rock With You – Michael Jackson
- My Girl – The Temptations
- Show Me Love – Robin S
- I Want You Back – The Jackson 5
- Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
Either way, make sure to let us know what songs to get the party started at your next event!