Still searching for a fun and unique venue for an upcoming wedding or event? Rather than choosing the same generic venue as countless others have, make your event one to remember by hosting it at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
Located in San Pasqual Valley of San Diego, California, the San Diego Zoo Safari Park (formerly known as the San Diego Wild Animal Park) has become one of the state’s largest attractions, and for good reason: it features more than 2,600 animals spread across 1,800 acres of land. Millions of people visit the San Diego Zoo Safari Park each year to marvel at its the world-class exhibits and attractions, some of which include the Tiger Trail, Hidden Jungle, Lion Camp, Asian Savanna, African Plains, Condor Ridge, and African Woods.
Why Choose the San Diego Zoo Safari Park for Your Next Event?
Because of its unique, wildlife-focused atmosphere, the San Diego Zoo Safari Park has become a popular destination for events. Whether you are planning a company picnic, corporate event, Mitzvah, birthday, prom, or even a wedding, you should consider hosting it at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. It offers a variety of both indoor and outdoor settings to meet any client’s needs.
One of the most popular settings for events in the San Diego Zoo Safari Park is the Treetops & Decks. This elegant venue features ceiling-high windows which offer a breathtaking view of the African Plains. It even has a private patio with a waterfall to further complete the ambiance for your event.
Of course, there are several other event venues within the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. The Sydney’s at Australian Outback, for instance, is a beautiful outdoor venue that’s decorated with lit trees and colorful umbrellas alongside the park’s giraffes, rhinos, koalas, and other animals. When guests are finished dining, they can venture other to the exhibits to watch the animals.
With neutral Earth colors set against majestic picture windows, the Rondavel is another popular event venue in the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. It’s designed in an octagonal shape that overlooks an authentic Asian garden with a koi pond.
Fun Facts About the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park:
- The San Diego Zoo Safari Park has the world’s largest veterinary hospital.
- More than 2 million people visit the zoo each year.
- Houses more than 100 acres of lush, vibrant botanical gardens.
- It has one of the country’s most successful Californian condor breeding programs, bringing the numbers of this once critically endangered species of bird from 22 in 1987 to 369 and counting.
- The Edward H. Bean Award was awarded to the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park in 1972 and 1974 for its successful hatching of the Abyssinian ground hornbill.
- The San Diego Zoo Safari Park was the first zoo to feature a float in the Rose Parade.