If you are going to have live performers at your wedding – a band, a DJ, and alternative acts, etc. – you want to think about the times during the ceremony and reception that you need your entertainers to perform. Here are a few times to consider.
- When guests arrive – There is often a lull between when the guests arrive and when the wedding starts (especially if things are behind schedule). A little music welcomes guests and keeps them from getting antsy.
- During the wedding ceremony – You will likely have music during the processional and when the couple is exiting after the ceremony.
- During the cocktail hour – Even if you decide not to have a cocktail hour, there is usually another delay while the bride and groom are off getting pictures taken. Entertainment can keep guests happy until the wedding party arrives and dinner is served.
- During the meal – If music is played during dinner, make sure it is quiet so that it does not disrupt conversation. Easy listening music is best during this time.
- Dancing – From the couple’s first dance to the last dance of the evening, this is when your entertainers really earn their money.
The Best Wedding Entertainment in San Diego
SGM Events is the agency for you! We have the best entertainers in the area and provide professional service for our wedding clients. Contact us today at 858.270.2195, or you can make an inquiry online. Let us help you find the entertainment that will make your big day even more special!