Are you ready to make your wedding guest list and looking for tips? A lot of your wedding decisions are going to depend on the final number on that guest list. Read on for some top tips on how to create your wedding guest list for your special day.
- Think about the venue and size – The size of the wedding changes the entire atmosphere. Think about the size of the venue, the intimacy you’d like to see at the wedding, and the overall vibe. This will help you get a ballpark figure and set the tone (under 100, over 100, over 200).
- Set the budget first – Remember, the more guests you have at the wedding, the more expensive the wedding will be. You will need more food, an increased number of favors, and the like. Once you know your budget, you can fit your guest list within it.
- Draft a list – Start by drafting a large list. It helps if you put everybody in categories as you go, so that you can easily see where you can add/cut. (For example, think immediate family, extended family, friends, co-workers, etc.)
- Set a plan – Set a plan with your family members and tell them early on. If you’re not planning on inviting extended cousins from the other side of the country, let them know. If you think they should minimize their friends and family members, give them a figure to work within.
- Prioritize – Review your list and prioritize based on your budget, goal, and the venue size. Then, you can figure out where you have wiggle room.
- Take your time – Don’t rush when making the list. This is a big deal, not just to you but to your guests. Choose carefully. Set your personal guidelines for prioritizing and stick to those.
- Once you have list your set, create it digitally! This will help you keep the list organized as you have RSVPs come in.
Ready to learn more about the music options we have to offer for your wedding after you create your wedding guest list?
We have curated the top wedding performers in the San Diego area for you. When you partner up with our agency to plan your music and other entertainment, you can be confident your guests will have a memorable evening. Submit an online inquiry to get the ball rolling.