Unless you’re an event planner or work in corporate events, finding a wedding DJ to help MC your event and keep the party going can seem like a daunting task. Read on to make sure you’re looking in all the right places. And, in addition to finding the best artist for you, we feel there are some key things you should look for in your wedding DJ/MC. Read on for more!
- Check with your venue to get your research for your wedding DJ started. Your venue will usually have a list of artists that know the venue and have helped with events before. They’ll be familiar with the layout of the space and requirements of the venue, which is never a bad thing.
- Also give yourself the chance to do some research of your own! Your wedding DJ will help coordinate a lot of big wedding moments, including ushering your guests to the reception, announcing your wedding party, and starting the first dances. You need to trust them make sure that their overall vibe will match the feel you’re looking to create on your big day. So do some research online!
- Ask friends and family members. Chances are most of your friends and family members have been or are going to another wedding or event soon and may already know the right wedding DJ. Ask around to see if they liked someone specific.
- Search on social media. In addition to Google and Yelp searches, look up weddings that fit your vibe on Pinterest, social media, and blogs. It’s common for people to list all vendors they used in their wedding. Try to uncover more names with this super-sleuthing.
- Go out! Sometimes, you’ll stumble on DJs that also help MC events. If you go out and hear someone you like, it’s worth trying to find their name or booking agency name.
You stumbled here on SGM Events. Ready to meet our wedding DJs and MCs to see if they’re a great fit for you? Learn more!